Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, London
Oliver specialises in international arbitration, with particular expertise in disputes in the energy/extractives, banking, satellite communications and consumer retail sectors. He has acted as counsel in many international commercial arbitrations under the LCIA, ICC, SCC, HKIAC, PCA, UNCITRAL and ICSID rules, and has also served as secretary to a number of international arbitral tribunals:
- Representing Tullow Oil in an ICSID arbitration arising out of a production sharing agreement with the Government of Uganda and negotiating Tullow’s settlement with the Government in 2015
- Representing an oil and gas supermajor in an UNCITRAL arbitration arising out of a tax stability agreement with a state government
- Representing a leading international mining company in proceedings relating to the enforcement of an LCIA award in the English courts
- Representing a large Dutch bank in an ICC arbitration arising out of a consortium and shareholders’ agreement
- Representing a leading international investment bank in: an expedited LCIA arbitration arising out of a letter of credit dispute with a Middle Eastern trading group; and an ICC arbitration arising out of a joint venture for the development of a hydroelectric power plant
Earn 2 ECTS Points!